opencsa-liaison message

Subject: Draft Minutes LSC 16 jun 2008

On Jun 09, 2008, at 10:51 AM, Jeff Mischkinsky wrote:

> Date:  Monday, 16 June 2008
> Time:  08:00am - 09:00am PDT
>
> id: 190605#/654321#
>
> +1 888-967-2253
> +1 650-607-2253
> +44 118 924-9000
> +61 2-8817-6100
> +49 89 14302323
>
> Web-conf: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/sca-lsc
>
> Agenda:
> 1.	Roll Call
mike e- ASS,
anish - BPEL, bindings
ashok - Policy
mike r - java, bindings
jeff - SC
martin - bindings
bryan - c++

> 2.	Scribe Assignment

jeff

> 3.	Agenda Bashing
no changes

> 4.	Approval of minutes of 02 jun 2008
>
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200806/msg00000.html

ashok/mike e - approve minutes - UANA

> 5.	 Issues
> a.	<empty>

> b.	Use of Schematron in SCA Specifications
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200804/msg00006.html
>
> Discussion on 5/5 conf-call: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200805/msg00013.html

from previous discussion:
BPEL TC is considering the use of schematron to express rules. What
do we think about it?
There was discussion which needs to be continued - Possibly just use
it as part of the test suites. Anish and Mike expressed a strong
concern that we not remove the english conformance statements.

No one is advocating removing the english conformance.

Mike E points out that the maintenance of the project seems to
somewhat dicey.

Concern about dealing with potential inconsistencies between normative
english and schematron.
Great concern expressed about adding normative constraints ONLY using
schematron.

The consensus is that there is skepticism of the utility and lots
issues around conformance, etc.
However a proof of concept would be a useful experiment, and might
assuage the concerns.

Mike a/o Anish will take an AI to talk to Danny Danny van der Rijn
(BPEL TC) about doing a POC.

> c.	Getting schema document associated with a particular version of
> the spec
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/opencsa-liaison/200805/msg00017.html

The RDDL documents are per namespace. For a given namespace there may be
multiple versions of the schema document. Currently the RDDL contains
only pointers to the latest schema. So how do I get to a particular
schema that is associated with a particular spec version.

I suggest that we include links to all the schema files associated with
a particular namespace.

General agreement, but we need more detail for a motion. For example,
if there is a list of of previous versions, are then in order
"youngest first". When do you prune the list?

General notions is that we ought to allow RDDL to point to previous
versions of the schema?

AI - Anish to send us a RDDL template to specify all versions of the
schema.
We can use this as a basis for further discussion.

> 6.	Next Call Schedule

Next call in 2 weeks 30 june 2008

> 7.	AOB

none

> generates this mail.  You may a link to this group and all your TCs
> in OASIS
> at:

Jeff Mischkinsky			          		jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com
Director, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Web Services Standards
+1(650)506-1975
Consulting Member Technical Staff           			500 Oracle Parkway, M/S
2OP9
Oracle								Redwood Shores, CA 94065