opencsa-ms message

Subject: Status of the OpenCSA TCs

Title: Status of the OpenCSA TCs

Here are the updates I have received so far about the status of the various OpenCSA TCs.

Best wishes,

Sanjay

Policy:

 - CD03 spec is in the process of being published and 15 day public review

will begin soon.  We are based on Assembly CD05.

 - Test Assertion CD01 is in the process of being published and 60 day

review will begin soon.

 - Testcases (document and test suite itself) have been sync'd up with the

TA CD01 and will be reviewed by the TC in the next week or two with

progression to CD01 as the goal in the next two weeks.

 - There's one open issue against the TA document which is trivial.

Java:

 - Java POJO (CD02) and CAA(CD04) are complete with no open issues.  EJB

binding is complete in CD02 with no open issues

 - Test Assertions for POJO and CAA are being built and testcase

construction is nearly complete, awaiting review at this point.

 - Test Assertions for EJB binding are completed on first pass and are

awaiting testcase implementation.

 - Work on Spring and JEE specs is not proceeding ATM due to shortage of

arms and legs.

Bindings:

- cd04 specs for JMS binding and JCA binding are in the process of being published and a 15 day (second) public review will begin soon.
- cd04 spec for WS binding is pending a CD/PR vote, this is expected in the next week or so, and following that cd04 will be published, I expect this to happen before the end of this month.
- There is one open issue against the JMS binding,
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BINDINGS-111 regarding the standardisation of the JMS URI at IETF.   This standardisation work is currently blocked with an action against Oracle (Jeff Mischkinsky) regarding the copyright.  The feeling of this TC is that this is not currently blocking us but may be an issue in later steps to complete standardisation.
- Test Assertion documents are complete for JMS, JCA and WS binding specs up to the cd04 level, but are currently only working drafts, no committee draft. The TC felt that we should wait until the testcases were complete before going to public review with the TA documents, although there's no reason we could not vote on a cd01 version of the TA docs.
- Testcases (document and test suite itself) have not yet been started.  This work is expected to start as soon as possible, with a target for completion of 27th May, although I don't think that is likely to be achieved given that the WS binding spec has taken longer to get to cd04 than anticipated.
- One issue with testcase completion is that I am not aware of an existing implementation of the JCA binding that we can test against, so this may delay the JCA binding work.

For the Bindings TC, it looks like we expect Tuscany and Fabric 3 to have implementations of the JMS and WS binding, but at the moment we are not aware of any planned implementation of the JCA binding.

C and C++ TC:
The Specifications are complete and have finished the latest public review.  The only changes now would result from actions of either the Assembly TC (such as a namespace change) or the Policy TC.
The Test Suites started a first public review on 5 May (to complete 4 July).  These test suites are up to date with the latest public review drafts of the specifications so the only changes that would be needed would come from the public review.

SDO TC:
The Core and Java Specifications are down to a small number of issues to resolve before a first public review.
The C++ specification is being brought up to date with the Core and Java Specifications but still needs RFC 2119 language and there are a number of issues to resolve.  More active work will be done on this once the Core and Java Specs go to public review.
No work has started on any test suite.

SCA-BPEL TC

Creation of test cases is currently in progress. Tuscany is used as the runtime for testing. Completion of testing work depends upon updates to the SCA BPEL runtime used for testing. Current plan is to send the test suite, test assertions documents and the revised specifications together for the next round of PR (first round of PR for the specifications was completed in Jun 2009). Tentative ETA for finishing the remaining work would be July 2010.