Subject: Re: [opendocument-users] draw:transform issues

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 07:14:38PM -0800, Chris Nokleberg wrote:
>   (Personally I think using Lengths for transform is unnecessary and
>   confusing, the only real benefit apparently being to avoid specifying
>   svg:x and svg:y)

I take this back. I was confused because in SVG and the MS Office
drawing model there is a separate coordinate system defined for each
page and group, and shapes are defined relative to the systems of their
parents. In OpenDocument all shape sizes and positions are absolute, so
translate amounts require units. Nevertheless, the spec should state
that explicitly.

Thanks,
Chris