Subject: Re: [opendocument-users] Re: How to interpret the default-cell-style-name attribute in spreadsheets

Hi,

On Monday 08 May 2006 10:06, you wrote:
> Now, the issue seems to be, that some people are interpreting the
> specification in a way that @dcsn should apply to generated empty cells.
> An interpretation that is obviously inconsistent with the intent the
> spec was written in.

This interpretation is consistent with the handling of the
other "table:column" attributes (visibility, width, width optimization) as
mentioned in the bug reports.

> If the specification can be interpreted in a way, that is contrary to
> its original intend, I believe it should be updated in a way, that
> clarifies the interpretation and an errata be issued accordingly.
>
> E.g. if the intent was that @dcsn is not to be applied to application
> created empty cells, this should be explicitly mentioned, since
> obviously implementors are being confused.

An update of the specification in the proposed way introduce an exception and
this is what leads to confusion.

Regards,
Stefan

PGP signature