Subject: Re: [opendocument-users] merging xml subdocuments

Let me elaborate-

I have a content.xml file sprinkled with my other markup language. I'll call this my template. This file will have meta data documenting the version of the template. So far, so good. Additionally, I'd like to be able to determine what version of the template produced a given printed document. This is typically done in a footer. However, footers are defined in the styles.xml. I find this bizarre.

Anyway, now if I change the document, I also must change the footer in the styles.xml to reflect the new version number. Yuck.

Better ideas would be most welcome.