Subject: Re: [opendocument-users] Is this group active?

Hi Rob

Thanks for yr response.

My query was actually very basic. I'm curious to know of the professional authoring usage potential and capability of relevant OpenOffice components (use case; so to speak); in comparison to well-tried commercial ones from Microsoft and Adobe (for Windows), both currently relying on an XML source.

And whether the thrust is on developing OpenOffice for that purpose or to have other vendors get creative and incorporate into further, may be more specialized innovations.

I just started looking at the OASIS ODF standard published in 2005.

Regards
Khaled

robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:

Hi Khaled,

I can confirm that the mailing list is operational.  We're not seeing much traffic here lately.

Maybe there is a topic you would like to suggest?

Regards,

-Rob