Subject: Re: [office-comment] Foreign elements and attributes

2009/3/1  <robert_weir@us.ibm.com>:
> Jesper Lund Stocholm <4a4553504552@gmail.com> wrote on 03/01/2009 03:57:16
> PM:
>

>> Microsoft, could you elaborate a bit on why the extended conformance
>> class is not acceptable to you?
>>

> Not to put too much of a damper on this discussion.  I'm as guilty as
> anyone here in misusing this list recently.  But would it be possible to
> reconvene this discussion over on the opendocuemnt-users list?

Yes - I'll x-post this reply to the users-list.

> It is unmoderated and open to all.  You can subscribe here:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/
>
> We should really be using the office-comment list exclusively for feedback
> on the published ODF standard or public review drafts.  This will
> naturally include clarification questions regarding feedback.  But if we
> start engaging in multi-day discussions then it is best to migrate over to
> the opendocuemnt-users list.  We can all pontificate to our heart's
> content over there.

I agree :o)

And I'll re-iterate my question to Microsoft here:

To vendors: "why is it not 'good enough' to have your documents
conform to the 'OpenDocument extended conformance class' when your
documents contain extensions?

--
Jesper Lund Stocholm
www.idippedut.dk