orms message

Subject: RE: OASIS Press Release to Announce ORMS TC

ORMS TC members and proposers:

Just a reminder that tomorrow (Thursday) is the deadline for Sponsors to submit
quotes for the OASIS ORMS TC press release, which is scheduled to go out on
Monday, 31 March.

Checking the TC's membership roster, I see that representatives from IBM, Sun,
Booz Allen, Google, and VeriSign (all TC proposers) have not joined the TC yet.
Please let me know if you do *not* wish to have your company included in this
release.

Also, AOL, BEA, CA and NeuStar have joined the TC and will be included in the
press release.

If anyone is aware of other companies that plan to join the TC (or ones you
suggest we invite), please let me know ASAP.

If you'd like to review a confidential draft of the press release, please
contact me directly.

Thanks,
Carol

-----Original Message-----
From: Carol Geyer [mailto:carol.geyer@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 4:37 PM
To: 'pubrel@lists.oasis-open.org'; 'orms@lists.oasis-open.org'
Subject: OASIS Press Release to Announce ORMS TC

--PLEASE NOTE QUOTE DEADLINE IS THURSDAY, 27 MAR--

The Consortium is in the process of drafting a press release to announce the
formation of the OASIS Open Reputation Management Systems (ORMS) Technical
Committee. We have targeted Monday, 31 March, for distribution.

*Recognition*
While OASIS deeply appreciates the contributions of all members to our
technical work, only Foundational- and Sponsor-level members elect to receive
promotional benefits, such as inclusion in announcements directed to the press.
The subhead of the ORMS press release will highlight the following members:

IBM, Sun Microsystems, Booz Allen Hamilton, Cordance, Google, NRI, VeriSign,
<other Sponsor members who join before 27 March>

If you represent one of these organizations, and you do *not* wish to be
included in the press release, please notify me.

If you represent a Contributor-level organization, and you wish to be
recognized as a leader in the ORMS work, please contact
scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org immediately for information on upgrading your
membership to take advantage of this promotional benefit.

If you need more information about becoming involved in the OASIS ORMS TC,
contact dee.schur@oasis-open.org.

*Quotes*
If you represent a Foundational or Sponsor-level organization participating in
the OASIS ORMS TC, you may submit a quote in support of this work. Please email
quotes to me, including a name and title at your organization to whom the quote
can be attributed, by noon US EST on Thursday, 27 March.

*More information*
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200803/msg00001.html
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/orms

Thanks,