orms message

Subject: RE: [orms] Indications of Candidacy for TC Chair(s)

Mary and Abbie,

I would like to nominate Nat Sakimura of NRI and Tony Nadalin of IBM as
candidates for the Chair position.

I have worked with Nat for five years on the OASIS XRI and XDI Technical
Committees and I have the highest respect for both his technical skills and
his understanding of technology in a business context. He is highly versed
in identity and security technologies and has recently proposed extensions
to the OpenID protocol to incorporate reputation services for projects he is
currently implementing in Japan.

Tony's qualifications are legion -- he has been a leader on many other OASIS
TCs working in identity and security. It is particularly relevant that he
leads IBM's participation in the open source Higgins project, a venue with
strong requirements for open, interoperable reputation services. Tony's
presentation on the use cases and challenges of open reputation systems at
the IDtrust Symposium in March was the most comprehensive treatment I have
seen on the topic.

Regards,

=Drummond
Drummond Reed