Subject: Re: [oslc-core] JSON-LD of compact resources - Compact reosurce discovery

What's the status of the 209 draft? If that's still open to changes, that could define something like:

Prefer: content-of-related=<rel value>

or:

Prefer: content-of-related=link; rel=<rel value>

to do this.

Linking it directly to the 209 status code (whoever defines it) might make it clear what it results in (if applied) and make it more re-usable.

Martin Pain
Software Developer - Green Hat
Rational Test Virtualization Server, Rational Test Control Panel
OASIS Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration - Automation technical committee chair

E-mail: martinpain@uk.ibm.com
Find me on:
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=99869908 and within IBM on: IBM Connections: https://w3-connections.ibm.com/profiles/html/profileView.do?userid=12c849c0-ddd5-1030-9b5f-d70a3a891b7f
IBM

IBM United Kingdom Limited

<oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org> wrote on 01/05/2014 15:03:14:

> From: John Arwe <johnarwe@us.ibm.com>

> To: oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org,
> Date: 01/05/2014 15:03
> Subject: Re: [oslc-core] JSON-LD of compact resources - Compact
> reosurce discovery

> Sent by: <oslc-core@lists.oasis-open.org>
>
> > If we introduced (or worked with the authors of http://
> tools.ietf.org/html/draft-snell-http-prefer-18 to define) something
> in the Prefer header to mean "give me the contents of the resource
> linked by rel X", e.g:
>
> A bit of context on this point.  I had a similar idea in W3C LDP
> drafting, had the conversation, and basically Prefer is not changing
> short of root canal work.  It's "so done" it's just waiting for an
> RFC number to be assigned.  It's been waiting in that state behind
> things like HTTPbis for some time, but any change now means going to
> the back of the queue.  Prefer has been in the WG since 2007, so no
> one was happy to entertain changes.  It would have to be a follow-on
> (superseding/different RFC).

> Best Regards, John
>
> Voice US 845-435-9470  BluePages
> Tivoli OSLC Lead - Show me the Scenario