Subject: Proposal to remove Link header option from Resource Preview spec

I suggest we remove the Compact Link header [1] in favor of an oslc:compact property. We would also remove oslc:compacts (the inverse). My reasoning:

  1. We're already using 'compact' in the Prefer response.
  2. We use property 'compact' for our JSON and inverse property 'compacts' elsewhere. This is inconsistent and confusing.
  3. Compact resources can be included in a query response as discussed during the call today (e.g., oslc.select=*,oslc.compact{*})

Then if you GET a resource (no Prefer header), it would have a triple

<> <oslc:compact> <compact-uri>

or optionally have the Compact representation inlined.

With the Prefer header, it would continue to look like Example 3 [2].

[1] http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-core/specs/resource-preview.html#linkHeader
[2] http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-core/specs/resource-preview.html#preferenceAppliedJsonLDExample
--
Samuel Padgett | IBM Rational | spadgett@us.ibm.com
Eclipse Lyo: Enabling tool integration with OSLC