Subject: OSLC Core TC membership and voting eligibility

As we move into the summer holiday season, we should be reminded of the OASIS TC minimum membership and voting eligibility criteria. Minimum membership is defined as 5 voting members. The OSLC Core TC currently only has four voting members: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-core/members/eligible_voters.php. Retaining voting privileges requires attendance in at least 3 of the last 5 meetings.

I would like to make a motion for an electronic ballot to address the v2/v3 compatibility issue resolution as this is currently a barrier to specification editing due to its implications. However, until we meet the minimum membership requirements, and have sufficient quorum at the meetings, we cannot hold votes.

We will be exploring more flexible ways of engaging the membership since OSLC procedures indicate meetings may be conducted face-to-face or via telephone conference or other electronic media that allow participation of all Members of the TC. We're not sure what "other electronic media" might mean, or what it would mean to schedule and collect minutes on something less direct then a telecon. But its something to explore.

Any suggestions?

Jim Amsden, Senior Technical Staff Member
OSLC and Linked Lifecycle Data
919-525-6575