Subject: OSLC CORE TC Minutes March 30, 2017

Hi everyone, these minutes are from 4 weeks back – we didn’t vote to accept them last meeting.

Scribe

  • Ian Green (IBM)

Attendees

  • David Honey (IBM)
  • Harish Krishnaswamy (Software AG)
  • Ian Green (IBM)
  • Jad El-khoury (KTH)
  • Jim Amsden (IBM)
  • Martin Sarabura (PTC)
  • Nick Crossley (IBM)
  • Jean-Luc Johnson (Airbus)

Regrets

Resolutions

Actions

Chat transcript from room: oslc [07:04] ian green: ian to scribe

[07:04] Martin Sarabura (PTC): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-core/Meetings/Telecon2017.03.16

[07:05] ian green: minutes accepted

[07:09] ian green: Martin encourages those with voting rights to vote on the CS. Jim needs to "publish" CS.

[07:10] ian green: Jim to lead discussion on TRS

[07:11] ian green: Ian updated the TRS docs. In flight changes from Nick and Jad

[07:12] ian green: Nick has concerns about hyperbole in the draft that ought to be considered for removal

[07:14] ian green: looking at https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/svn/oslc-core/trunk/specs/tracked-resource-set.html

[07:16] ian green: Nick: section 2.1 could be improved

[07:17] ian green: Jad: 2.3.4 does not explain why a changeentry should be ignored in some cases

[07:26] ian green: Nick: missing create event in some situations is anomalous; Modify without a legitimate create needs to be covered explicitly. There will be other edge cases too that we ought to consider.

[07:27] ian green: Nick: existing wording in 2.3.5.1 needs some rewording to express the intent

[07:29] ian green: Nick: suggest removing all mentions of rebase/truncation except from a specific section that covers this topic fully.

[07:29] ian green: Nick volunteers to write this section

[07:32] ian green: Nick: 2.4.2 is ambiguous. need to clarify this.

[07:37] ian green: Nick: clients should not assume that pages will be processed sequentially.

[07:39] ian green: correction: _servers_ should not assume that pages will be processed sequentially

[07:43] ian green: Nick: section 2.5 does contain normative text

[07:56] ian green: Nick volunteers to remove some of the rhetoric around guidance, but we agree to keep key security elements.

[08:00] ian green: meeting adjorned