oslc-promcode message

Subject: Technical Comments on Resource Shape Document

I have reviewed the document and have some comments:

1. The document looks like valid RDF, but it contains resources that
correspond to multiple resources. The document base is
http://docs.open-services.net/oslc-promcode/shape/ and the shape for
ManagedItem is
http://docs.open-services.net/oslc-promcode/shape/ManagedItem. Similarly,
the shape for ManagedItemCollection is
http://docs.open-services.net/oslc-promcode/shape/ManagedItemCollection.
This are two different information resources so they should be in
different documents. To make these dereferencable (like the vocabulary)
we'll have to decide on where to host them, e.g. the wiki, the document
db, etc. That will determine the URL we can use.

2. There are errors involving Value-type and Range. Value-type corresponds
to the property oslc:valueType which should only be used for datatype
properties, i.e. properties that have literal values. Range corresponds to
the property oslc:range which should only be used for object properties,
i.e. properties whose value is a URI.

3. There are typos, e.g. in ManagedItemCollection oslc_promcode:belongsTo
has Value-type xsd:dateTime and unspecified Range. It should have
unspecified Value-type and Range oslc_promcode:Project.

4. The Read-only and Rep. columns are always unspecified, so let's drop
them from the tables.

I think it would be useful to go through the resource shape during the
telecon and correct the errors.

Regards,
Arthur Ryman, PhD

Chief Data Officer, Rational
Chief Architect, Portfolio & Strategy Management
Distinguished Engineer | Master Inventor | Academy of Technology

Toronto Lab | +1-905-413-3077 (office) | +1-416-939-5063 (mobile)