oslc-promcode message

Subject: Re: [oslc-promcode] RE: Technical Comments on Resource Shape Document

Kaz,

Yes, we should follow whatever guidelines are established by the
OASIS-OSLC Core TC. I will follow up with Steve Speicher.

By "doc db" I meant the OASIS web application where we upload documents.
[1] We should store all final documents and source code for the vocabulary
and resource shapes there. However, the URLs that get assigned are not
predictable since they contain a document identifier, e.g. [2] and the URL
exposes the underlying technology.

The best way to manage URLs is to design clean URLs in a URL space that we
can administer, and then redirect requests to wherever the documents are
stored. At OSLC we did this for the vocabulary URLs. We should also do it
for the resource shape URLs. The redirection approach also is good for
handling multiple media types. A resource can have many representations.
For example, our clean vocabulary URI might be
http://open-services.net/ns/promcode# but this does not identify the media
type. The desired media type is specified in the HTTP request, e.g. for
HTML, RDF/XML, Turtle, etc. The redirection code redirects the request to
the correct representation.

To make progress I suggest you split the current resource shape Turtle
file into one Turtle file per class. You can give each resource a URL
based on its wiki page as you suggest (e.g.
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/oslc-promcode/PromcodeResourceShapes/ManagedItem
) , but we will have to change that when we know what the "official" URLs
are.

[1]
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-promcode/documents.php
[2]
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/oslc-promcode/download.php/54109/promcode-vocabulary.html

Regards,
Arthur Ryman, PhD

Chief Data Officer, Rational
Chief Architect, Portfolio & Strategy Management
Distinguished Engineer | Master Inventor | Academy of Technology

Toronto Lab | +1-905-413-3077 (office) | +1-416-939-5063 (mobile)