oslc-promcode message

Subject: Re: [oslc-promcode] OASIS Specification Writing Guide

You're very welcome. I see the ticket and we'll respond quickly.

/chet

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 10:23 AM, Mikio Aoyama <mikio.aoyama@nifty.com> wrote:
Hi Chet:

Thank you for your immediate response.
I just submitted a request through the following link
for creating a WD(Working Draft) of PROMCODE Interface specifications.
I very much appreciate your advice.

Best Regards,
Mikio
Sent: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 11:35 PM

Hi Mikio,

This is great news. I am happy that the TC has made so much progress so quickly.

To start writing the specification, please request a starter document and template using the support request template at https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests/work-product-registration-template-request

Even if you will be writing the spec itself using ReSpec, requesting the template will allow me to work out details about filenames, titles, and other mechanical parts of the OASIS process with you in advance. We will prepare and send you a starter document that you can use for writing the draft specification. If you want to write it using ReSpec, we will prepare a version showing the cover page the way it should appear when published.

We don't have a style guide or writing guide but we can offer advice as you work on the draft.

For the sample implementation, we don't really have guidelines on that. You can use the TC's SVN repository as a location for implementation code (https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/oslc-promcode/?sc=0). If you have some more specific questions on that topic, I will get answers for you.

Again, great work! I look forward to helping you all as you develop your specification.

Best,

/chet