pkcs11-comment message

Subject: Re: [pkcs11-comment] Need more details on CKA_TRUSTED for keys

My understanding is that keys generated by the normal user must have
CKA_TRUSTED FALSE; the SO can generate keys with CKA_TRUSTED TRUE, or
use C_SetAttributeValue to set it TRUE on an existing key.

It's been some years since I was involved in PKCS#11 development though.

(A related question is whether the SO can use objects with CKA_PRIVATE
TRUE, or whether "a user may not access the object until the user has
been authenticated to the token" means authenticated as the normal
user who "owns" the object. If not, then CKA_PRIVATE objects can't
ever be trusted. I suspect this is implementation dependent.)

--
alan.braggins@gmail.com
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~armb/