Subject: Minutes: Draft and approved

Hi folks

Here are today’s draft minutes. Tony sent me the exact wording of the first motion and it is now captured:

Motion to approve the PKCS#11 v3.0 CSPRD Comment resolution log as accepted for completion of the PKCS#11 v3.0 CSPRD document set. Dieter moves. Gerry seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions.

https://wiki.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/Meetingminutes/Minutes13112019  (also below)

Please let me know if I got anything wrong, we bounced around the agenda quite a bit but had some great discussions!!

Approved minutes from 16 October 2019:

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/66211/20191030-minutes.pdf

Thank you,

Valerie

November 13, 2019 Meeting Minutes

Meeting commenced 1:00 PM PST

  • Roll call (Tony) - quorum achieved.
  • Valerie taking minutes.

Attendance

  • Attendance noted in KAVI

Proposed agenda

  • Agenda
  • Roll call
  • Review / approval of the agenda
  • Approve Minutes (30 October 2019)
  • V3.0 Items
    • PR comments review
    • Mechanisms vs header files
      • Recent build errors comment
  • V3.1
    • Status
    • Wiki
    • IKE Proposal
      • Any strong feelings on CKM_IKE_PRF_PLUS_DERIVE vs CKM_IKE2_PRF_PLUS_DERIVE vs CKM_IKE2_PRF_DERIVE
      • Use of bool flag to indicate the presences of an optional key object in the params rather than indicating the presence with a non CK_INVALID_HANDLE value.
  • New business
    • Comment - CKM_ECDH_AES_Key_Wrap (Timo T)
    • HKDF
    • SP 800 KDF
    • Comments from Patrick Steuer
  • Interop ICMC 2020
  • Next meeting
  • Call for late arrivals
  • Adjourn

Motion to approve Agenda

  • Gerry moved, Greg seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Agenda approved.

Motion to approve meeting minutes

  • October 30, 2019
  • Gerry moved, Dieter seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions. Minutes approved.

v3.0 Items

PR comments review

  • Bob: Some new observations made, have pushed fixes to the header files (CKR and compilation issues)
  • Tony: Are we okay on the TLS? Bob believes he has checked, but will triple check.
  • Discussion on initial comments, believe we have closed on the issues. Tony has posted the PDF of the updated comment resolution log for TC ADMIN.
  • Now we have found issues in mismatch between header file and believe we've resolved.
  • Motion to approve the PKCS#11 v3.0 CSPRD Comment resolution log as accepted for completion of the PKCS#11 v3.0 CSPRD document set. Dieter moves. Gerry seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions.
  • More comments are coming in, we are not obligated to address them. Tony is keen to avoid an errata. We could push them out the door to 3.1, and hope to get to it very quickly. What are folks feelings?
    • Valerie would like work out the comments and do another public review, which is faster than an errata.
    • Tim noted that Patrick and other comments are small, good clean-up. We should do them, but they are non-material. He would like the editor to comment if they are indeed all editorial. Dieter hasn't had time to do the estimate.
    • Daniel noted there are also questions on the SP 800 KDF, some parameters need to be changed. Those things should be fixed, it's new to 3.0 and it should work. Bob thinks most should be easily fixable, but if not, they should be pushed to 3.1.
    • Tony suggested seeing if we can wrap up the open items by our next meeting
    • If we can stick to non-material changes, we can do the shortened 15 day public review. If we do material changes, then we need to do full 30 day review, possibly followed by another 15 day review.
    • If we find things that are egregiously broken, the TC would like to do the material changes and do a new review (vs an errata). Small things that can be fixed before next meeting should be. Otherwise, we can push material changes to v3.1.

Mechanisms vs header file

  • discussed above.

v3.1

Status

  • No updates.

Wiki

  • no updates

IKE Proposal

  • Bob will update his proposal based on Daniel's input.

New business

  • Comment - CKM_ECDH_AES_Key_Wrap (Timo T)
    • First pass, this seems like a consistency issue. Tim noted that if we can fix this before the next meeting, non-material, then let's do it - or if it's material or too complicated, then push it to 3.1.
    • Dieter looking at this now, will see what can be done.
  • HKDF (Martin's comments)
    • Comments sent to just to Bob & Tony, haven't been shared with the reflector.
    • Tim leans to pushing these to 3.1, unless we can wrap it up quickly.
    • Bob believes they are material changes, will send to reflector.
  • SP 800 KDF
    • Consensus is that we should be able to fix this quickly, non-material changes. Plan to get them fixed before the next meeting - or they will get pushed to 3.1.
  • Comments from Patrick Steuer
    • discussed above in 3.0.

Interop ICMC 2020

  • Ran our first interop at ICMC2019 with 4 vendors. Had great discussions at the booth. Would be great to expand this. Look for call for participation coming soon.
  • Greg moves that the PKCS#11 TC participate in an interop at ICMC2020. Hamish seconded. No objections, abstentions or comments. Motion approved.
  • Tony will reach out to the OASIS folks to get thing started.

Next meeting

  • Next meeting will be December 4, 2019 to avoid US Holiday.

Call for late arrivals

  • Michelle, Darren.

Motion to Adjourn

  • Daniel moved. Gerry seconded. No objections, comments or abstentions.

Meeting Adjourned at 1:44 PM PST