Subject: XMSS (MT) Proposal and NIST Updates

Greetings all,

On the last call we decided to remove the NIST SP 800 208 parameter sets from the draft proposal as we were unsure of when the final SP would (if ever) be released.

I attended a NIST workshop yesterday wherein NIST explicitly stated that the final version of SP 800 208 is nearly ready for publication. So, we can expect it in the not too distant future.

With this news in mind, do we still want to remove the NIST parameters? Or hold off until we see what the final SP says?

Best regards and thanks in advance,

Philip Lafrance

--

id:image001.png@01D33153.AE931E00