Subject: RE: [pkcs11] Groups - Validation Indicators Draft 3 uploaded

to be honest I’m not sure the first and last page are your rough notes or suggested text for the standard, but here goes…

first page: “Identifies the type of validation for CK)_VALIDATION_OBJECTS: this is valid values are:” needs some edits!

“Valid values are.” should be “Valid values are:,” etc.

consider: CKR_OPERATION_NOT_VALIDATED (?) or CKR_OPERATION_FAILED_VALIDATION?   (unvalidated module vs. failure to validate operation)

last page needs some grammar edits to handle the change from plural to singular… as it stands we have:

Sessions carry one validation flags: last operation flags,

I think I heard you say it’s still CKA_VALIDATION_FLAGS and GetSessionValidationFlags to allow for future expansion… yes?

getting even pickier:

            table 27 and table 1: entries in the last columns should be either all be sentences or none should be… I vote for the later (with the required punctuation changes: uncapitalized initial word, internal periods changed to semicolons or parens, and terminal periods omitted – despite what spelling correction in Word tries to force you to do!)

            table 1: the description of CKA_LOCAL in the table doesn’t quite match the description in the subsequent text.

-mjm