Subject: RE: XMSS Support

Hi,

I’m adding one more comment against the current draft, just so it isn’t lost/forgot.

It seems to be missing an attribute for “keys remaining” or “signatures remaining” that we have for HSS.

I assume this will be added when the spec is updated.

Thanks

From: Michael Markowitz <markowitz@infoseccorp.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2023 2:54 PM
To: JOHNSON Darren <darren.johnson@thalesgroup.com>; pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org

Meeting minutes from 10/14/20 seem to be the last mention of XMSS:

XMSS(MT)

  • Noted there are pending changes from NIST due in December 2020. This should work into the v3.2 time frame. Further discussion required prior to adoption into v3.2 document set.
  • Tony C to note in AIs for v3.2

Don’t see it in the 3.2 AIs. Can only imagine it was dropped for lack of sponsorship.

-mjm