Subject: HSS key identifier

Hi everyone,

in RFC 8554, a 16-byte identifier is defined for each key pair; defined as âIâ.  This identifier can be parsed from the CKA_VALUE associated with the public key.  However it is not available for the private key unless someone retrieves the CKA_VALUE and parses that value.

What are everyoneâs thoughts about exposing the key identifier as a separate attribute that is supported for both public and private HSS keys.  Given that the specification provides a unique key identifier, it seems reasonable that customers may want to leverage that feature of the algorithm.  We may in our own infrastructure.

Thanks

Darren