Subject: RE: [pkcs11] Groups - TLS Extended Master Secret Draft uploaded

Bob,

I noticed a few final editorial changes to apply:

  • Line 43: EXTENDED -> EXTEDED
  • Lines 49, 59 and 60: replace TLS12 by TLS_EXTENDED
  • Between lines 182 and 183, add paragraph stating “CKM_TLS_EXTENDED_MASTER_KEY_DERIVE has a parameter, a CK_TLS_EXTENDED_MASTER_KEY_DERIVE_PARAMS structure, which …” with similar wording as in lines 179-182 or 225-229
  • Lines 220 and 225: DRIVE -> DERIVE

With that, the document is good from my perspective.

Best regards,

Dieter

From: pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org <pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of Robert Relyea
Sent: Saturday, May 6, 2023 1:34 AM
To: pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org

Submitter's message
This spec matches what NSS is doing exactly except:
_NSS_ has been removed from the parameter and mechanism names.

When making this update I noticed that the TLS12 master secret section had errors:
1) it references the non-existant CKM_TLS_MASTER_SECRET_DERIVE.
2) it uses the SSL3 rather then the TLS12 Parameters.
3) It didn't reference the prf in the text.

I've fixed those errors as part of this update.
-- Mr. Robert Relyea

Document Name: TLS Extended Master Secret Draft

Description
Add support for RFC 7627 extended master secret.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Mr. Robert Relyea
Group: OASIS PKCS 11 TC
Folder: Working Drafts
Date submitted: 2023-05-05 16:33:36

Utimaco IS GmbH
Germanusstr. 4, D.52080 Aachen, Germany, Tel: +49-241-1696-0, www.utimaco.com
Seat: Aachen – Registergericht Aachen HRB 18922
VAT ID No.: DE 815 496 496
Managementboard: Stefan Auerbach, Martin Stamm, Hacan Tiwemark

This communication is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the email.