Subject: PKCS11 V3.2 Motions for meeting of 21-June-2023

I understand that Bob may well be working from an alternate location at the next meeting and so rather than do everything at the last minute, I went through the minutes of last week's meeting and noted that there are a number of papers lodged that we intend to vote on at this meeting.

Attached is a text document which contains the motions we discussed for this next meeting set out in a way that I can quickly use to record the outcomes as well as get the minutes together later but as this is available you may want to run through them before the meeting as there is quite a lot to cover.

I will also just list the items and links to papers below as well in case you may wish to review things before the meeting. :-)

PKCS11 3.2 Work Items

Item 6.1 NIST Post-Quantum Algorithm Mechanisms - KEM Algorithms
- Proposal "Kem Algorithms Draft 2" (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/70994/pkcs11_kem_algs_draft2.pdf)

Item 6.2 NIST Post-Quantum Algorithm Mechanisms - KEM API
- Proposal "Add KEM APIs to PKCS #11 draft 3" (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/71059/pkcs11_kem_draft3.pdf)

Item 6.3 NIST Post-Quantum Algorithm Mechanisms - Post Quantum Signatures
- Proposal "Post Quantum Signature Draft 2" (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/70985/pkcs11_pq_sig_algs_2.pdf)

Item 6.4 NIST Post-Quantum Algorithm Mechanisms - Post Quantum Signatures Multipart Solution
- Proposal "Post Quantum Signatures Multipart solution 2 draft2" (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/71060/pkcs11_pq_sig_verify_multi_2.pdf)

Item 10 TLS 1.2 Extended Master Secret
- Proposal "TLS Extended Master Secret Draft proposal" (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/70995/pkcs11-tls12-extended.pdf)

Item 11 Email note re PKCS11 XMSS Support
-- Proposal "XMSS SPEC draft 2" (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/70984/PKCS11_XMSS_SPEC.pdf)

Items from public comments

GCM & CCM Wrapping
- Proposal "GCM and CCM iv/nonce token generated for wrapping Draft v3" (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/71056/pkcs11-GCM-CCMWrapIVnonceupdate_wd3.pdf)

As you can see this is quite a lot so I thought members of the TC may appreciate a little heads up a week ahead of the meeting.

Regards
Greg

==
Greg Scott
E: greg.scott@cryptsoft.com
M: +61 406 255 166
Motions for P11 V3.2 at Meeting on 21-June-2023

PKCS11 3.2 Work Items
=====================

Item 6.1 NIST Post-Quantum Algorithm Mechanisms - KEM Algorithms

Motion: That the TC Accept the Proposal "Kem Algorithms Draft 2" (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/70994/pkcs11_kem_algs_draft2.pdf)
Moved:
Seconded:
Comments:
Result:

Item 6.2 NIST Post-Quantum Algorithm Mechanisms - KEM API

Motion: That the TC Accept the Proposal "Add KEM APIs to PKCS #11 draft 3" (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/71059/pkcs11_kem_draft3.pdf)
Moved:
Seconded:
Comments:
Result:

Item 6.3 NIST Post-Quantum Algorithm Mechanisms - Post Quantum Signatures

Motion: That the TC Accept the Proposal "Post Quantum Signature Draft 2" (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/70985/pkcs11_pq_sig_algs_2.pdf)
Moved:
Seconded:
Comments:
Result:

Item 6.4 NIST Post-Quantum Algorithm Mechanisms - Post Quantum Signatures Multipart Solution

Motion: That the TC Accept the Proposal "Post Quantum Signatures Multipart solution 2 draft2" (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/71060/pkcs11_pq_sig_verify_multi_2.pdf)
Moved:
Seconded:
Comments:
Result:

Item 10 TLS 1.2 Extended Master Secret
--------------------------------------

Motion: That the TC Accept the Proposal "TLS Extended Master Secret Draft proposal" (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/70995/pkcs11-tls12-extended.pdf)
Moved:
Seconded:
Comments:
Result:

Item 11 Email note re PKCS11 XMSS Support

Motion: That the TC Accept the Proposal "XMSS SPEC draft 2" (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/70984/PKCS11_XMSS_SPEC.pdf)
Moved:
Seconded:
Comments:
Result:

Items from public comments

GCM & CCM Wrapping

Motion: That the TC Accept the Proposal "GCM and CCM iv/nonce token generated for wrapping Draft v3" (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/pkcs11/download.php/71056/pkcs11-GCM-CCMWrapIVnonceupdate_wd3.pdf)
Moved:
Seconded:
Comments:
Result: