Subject: FW: [pkcs11] Groups - Post Quantum Signatures V2 uploaded

Re-Sending

Best regards,

Dieter

From: Dieter Bong
Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2023 3:33 PM
To: Robert Relyea <rrelyea@redhat.com>; pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org

Bob,

Thank you for sharing version 2 of the PQC signature proposal: As mentioned in our last call, I noticed a few inconsistencies, which look like left-over from copy-pasting the key generation section from current specification:

  • Sections 1.1.4 and  1.2.4: replace âCKA_PRIME, CKA_BASE,â by âCKA_PARAMETER_SET, â.
  • Section 1.3.4: replace âCKA_PRIME, CKA_BASE,â by âCKA_PARAMETER_SET, CKA_HASH_FAMILY,â.
  • CKA_HASH_FAMILY must as well be defined in table 13 in section 1.3.3 (same as in table 12 in section 1.3.2).

I also noticed some minor editorial things:

  • Header of Mechanisms vs. Functions tables in 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3  : change âDecaspulateâ to âDecapsulateâ
  • Section 1.1.3, table 3: change reference [CYRSTALS-DILIITHIUMROUND3] to [CRYSTALS-DILITHIUM_ROUND3]
  • Section 1.1.3, in sample template: append â_ROUND3â to âCKP_DILITHIUM2â
  • Section 1.1.4 and 1.1.5: change reference [CRYSTALS_DILITHIUM_ROUND3] to [CRYSTALS-DILITHIUM_ROUND3]
  • Section 1.1.5, 2nd paragraph: double âhasâ
  • Section 1.2.3, in sample template: append â_ROUND3â to âCKP_FALCON512â
  • Section 1.3.3, table 13: change CK_DILITHIIUM_PARAMETER_SET_TYPE to CK_SPHINCS_PLUS_PARAMETER_SET_TYPE
  • Section 1.3.3, in sample template: remove âCrystals-â from the label string
  • Section References: change reference [CRYTALS_DILITHIUM_ROUND3] to [CRYSTALS-DILITHIUM_ROUND3]

Iâm sorry it took me so long to put my comments in writing. Would you nevertheless be able to update the proposal before the next meeting, to vote for such version 3?

Best regards,

Dieter