Subject: RE: Typo in PKCS#11 v3.0 C-header

Hello Mr. Funke,

I’m sorry for the late follow-up, this mail was accidentally  not sent out earlier.

The issues you have noted below have been fixed in the final header definition that has been released with the OASIS standard PKCS#11 3.0. You can find it at https://github.com/oasis-tcs/pkcs11/blob/master/published/3-00/pkcs11t.h .

Thanks again for your input.

Best regards,

Dieter

From: Dieter Bong <dieter.bong@utimaco.com>
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2023 11:01 AM
To: Funke, Lukas <Lukas.Funke@weidmueller.com>; chris@wmpp.com; pkcs11@lists.oasis-open.org

Hello Mr. Funke,

Best regards,

Dieter

From: Funke, Lukas <Lukas.Funke@weidmueller.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2023 1:19 PM
To: chris@wmpp.com; Dieter Bong <dieter.bong@utimaco.com>
Subject: Typo in PKCS#11 v3.0 C-header

Hello Mr. Zimman, hello Mr. Bong,

we are currently implementing against the PKCS #11 API definition in this document:

https://docs.oasis-open.org/pkcs11/pkcs11-curr/v3.0/os/pkcs11-curr-v3.0-os.html

During implementation we copied your header definition from here:

Index of /pkcs11/pkcs11-curr/v3.0/os/include/pkcs11-v3.0/ (oasis-open.org)

When compiling our code against your header definition above, I noticed some minor issues in the header definition:

typedef struct CK_HKDF_PARAMS {

   CK_BOOL bExtract; à CK_BBOOL bExtract;

   CK_BOOL bExpand; à CK_BBOOL bExpand;

   CK_MECHANISM_TYPE prfHashMechanism;

   CK_ULONG ulSaltType;

   CK_BYTE_PTR pSalt;

   CK_ULONG ulSaltLen;

   CK_HANDLE hSaltKey; à CK_OBJECT_HANDLE hSaltKey;

   CK_BYTE_PTR pInfo;

   CK_ULONG ulInfoLen;

} CK_HKDF_PARAMS;

I hope I’m not mistaken and your find it helpful.

Best regards,

Lukas Funke

Software Developer

Weidmüller GmbH & Co. KG

Klingenbergstraße 26 | 32758 Detmold | Germany

www.weidmueller.de

E  lukas.funke@weidmueller.com

Kommanditgesellschaft - Sitz: Detmold - Amtsgericht Lemgo HRA 2790 -
Komplementärin: Weidmüller Interface Führungsgesellschaft mbH -
Sitz: Detmold - Amtsgericht Lemgo HRB 3924;
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Timo Berger, Volker Bibelhausen, Dr. Sebastian Durst, André Sombecki;
USt-ID-Nr. DE124599660

Utimaco IS GmbH
Germanusstr. 4, D.52080 Aachen, Germany, Tel: +49-241-1696-0, www.utimaco.com
Seat: Aachen – Registergericht Aachen HRB 18922
VAT ID No.: DE 815 496 496
Managing Directors: Stefan Auerbach, Martin Stamm, Hacan Tiwemark

This communication is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the email.