pki-askvendors message

Subject: Re: [pki-askvendors] First draft of AskVendors Survey

Terry,

I look forward to seeing your comments. The AskVendors
Implementation Plan calls for the following timeline:

Dec 18 2003 -   AskVendors SC   Develop survey for application vendors
  Jan 14 2004                    asking what they need to provide
                                 better PKI support
                                Prepare list of application vendors
                                 with contacts
                                Submit survey and vendor list to
                                 PKI TC for approval
Jan 21 2004     PKI TC          Review and approve survey and vendor
                                 list
Jan 26 2004     AskVendors SC   Send survey to application vendors
                                 with Feb 8 03 deadline

So we're supposed to send our survey and vendor list
to the PKI TC by Thursday. We can probably push that
back a bit if we must, but I think we can get them
a good solid draft by then (except that the vendor
list may be skimpy, but the PKI TC will help with that).

I have included a first cut at a vendor list below.
If you have any additions or changes, please let me know.
As I mentioned below, I expect the PKI TC to add a
lot more when we send the list to them.

On the survey, I had one more idea. Maybe we should ask
the respondents if they agree there's a problem with
PKI support in applications. That would probably be
a good idea. Also, I'd like to see more solid information
on potential market.

Thanks,

Steve

--------

*Document Signing*

AbiWord
 Products: AbiWord (open source)
 Contacts:
Adobe
 Products: Acrobat Self-Sign
 Contacts:
Aliroo
 Products: PrivaSeal
 Contacts:
AlphaTrust
 Products: PRONTO
 Contacts:
Apple
 Products: AppleWorks
 Contacts:
Arcot
 Products: ApproveIt
 Contacts:
ArticSoft
 Products: FileAssurity
 Contacts:
BeTrusted
 Products: TrustedForms
 Contacts:
Communication Intelligence Corporation
 Products: iSign
 Contacts:
Corel
 Products: WordPerfect Office
 Contacts:
Entrust
 Products: Secure E-Forms Solution
 Contacts:
eQuorum
 Products: ImageSite Digital Signature
 Contacts:
Frontier Technologies (E-Lock)
 Products: ProSigner
 Contacts:
GeoTrust
 Products: My Signing Credential
 Contacts:
Identrus
 Products: SimpleSign
 Contacts:
IBM
 Products: SmartSuite
 Contacts:
ipsCA
 Products: ipsCA U-Sign PDF
 Contacts:
Microsoft
 Products: Microsoft Office
 Contacts:
nCipher
 Products: Document Sealing Engine 200
 Contacts:
Nisus Software
 Products: Nisus Writer
 Contacts:
NJStar
 Products: NJStar
 Contacts:
NSE.IT
 Products: Endorsor
 Contacts:
OKIOK
 Products: Hot Sign
 Contacts:
OpenOffice.org
 Products: OpenOffice (open source)
 Contacts:
RSA Security
 Products: Keon e-Sign
 Contacts:
Silanis
 Products: ApproveIt
 Contacts:
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
 Products: StarOffice
 Contacts:
Valyd
 Products: eSign
 Contacts:
Verisign
 Products: VeriSign Document Signer for Adobe Acrobat
 Contacts:
Wave Systems Corporation
 Products: SmartSignature
 Contacts:

***Also include forms software

*Secure Email*

AOL
 Products: AOL, Netscape Messenger
 Contacts:
Elm
 Products: Elm
 Contacts:
EmuMail
 Products: Emu Webmail
 Contacts:
David Harris
 Products: Pegasus Email
 Contacts: David.Harris@pmail.gen.nz
Hushmail
 Products: Hushmail
 Contacts:
IBM
 Products: Lotus Notes, Lotus Workplace Messaging
 Contacts:
Kryptic
 Products: E-Gateway
 Contacts:
Microsoft
 Products: Exchange, Outlook, Outlook Express
 Contacts:
Mozilla
 Products: Mozilla, Thunderbird
 Contacts: