Subject: Is there a case for splitting capability C003?

All,

Without wanting to complicate things too much (for myself included), while I
rebuild the "representing_assembly_structures" capability C003,
(diagrams/examples/corrections/ref data), I have the suspicsion that this
capability is too large since assemblies can be represented in a number of
ways, such as;

- Explicit Bill of Materials (including indented parts list, quantified
parts list, multiple component usage),
- Promissory Component Usage (for preliminary BOMs, supplier-manufacturing
usage)
- Multi-level Digital Mock Ups, (for multi-level assemblies)
- Different Views on Assemblies (assembly/dis-assembly)
- Other relationships (alternates/substitutes/make_from/version history &
supplied part identification).

To the question; is it sensible and practical for this be split into a
number of smaller capabilities that focus on each of the above areas?

In doing this I believe that it would make the components of this capability
more manageable & perhaps more usable. For example, if just working with
BOMs you wouldn't need to also suck in the entities that support the others.
I think C003 would still exist but would then be dependent upon the others -
collecting them together.

Anyone with a view on this?

regards,
Tim