Subject: RE: [plcs-dex] identification of organition

Title: Message
Rob

I don't really see a problem.  The situation is just like that in the real world.

The threatened infinite regress can be avoided in a number of ways:

1) By circular referencing - the simplest case would, I suppose, be where org A provides the id for org B and vice versa ......... or (even simpler) where an org provides its own id.
2) By not assigning an id to the org at the end of the chain - after all, the id *attribute* of org was assumed to be *optional* by whoever created the original express entity.
3) By not assigning an org to the identification_assignment at the end of the chain - although I suppose this goes against your statement: "We have also agreed that an identification_assignment must be assigned in the context of an organization that owns the identifier."

Mike

--

Dr Mike Ward
Eurostep Limited