Subject: RE: [plcs-dex] Implementer guidance

I tend to agree with Dave here.

Another (albeit minor) consideration is that P28 data files can simply miss
out the elements corresponding to OPT attributes and the distinction between
/IGNORE and $ provides a handy way of reconciling p21 and p28 files.

Mike

--

Dr Mike Ward
Eurostep Limited

Eurostep: open solutions, organization, and people.

All,

Specifying /IGNORE is not useful to a post-processor at all as the attribute
value will never be read. Any DEX-based post-processor reading the file will
know to use Reference Data, not the explicit attribute. So, you should
simply leave it as $ as that takes less space and does not require the
pre-processor to set a value for every attribute replaced by the use of
Reference Data which can add noticable costs for very large datasets.

Cheers,
David