Subject: SV: [plcs-dex] Reference Data Annotation Properties

All,

I don't have any proposed answers to Sean's questions, but the questions do (in my opinion) again point out the need for a clear definition of how Reference Data should be specified.

I once again (...) attach my first draft (built on Rob's documentation in DEXlib) for such a specification (which of course should be re-entered into DEXlib when finalized), in hope that someone will read and comment upon it... ;o)

I will attend the ISO-meeting in Vico Equence. If anyone else is, I propose a meeting regarding Reference Data during that week.

Regards,
  Mats - FMV

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Barker, Sean (UK) [mailto:sean.barker@baesystems.com]
Skickat: den 14 februari 2006 17:30
Till: plcs-dex@lists.oasis-open.org

Attempting to create reference data, and therefore to follow the
guidelines on development and the use of Dublin Core:

1) Where is the Status of a class recorded, and by who?
2) Is the last modified date always required, or only when it has been
modified after the initial creation?
3) Under source - where the data is new the source should be "PLCS RDL
n.n where n.n is the version of the reference data library in which the
RD first appeared" - how are we to determine this?
	- a: where is the RD library version identified?
	- b: if the current version is a.b, is the version of first
appearance a.b or a.(b+1)?
	- c: is this the version at the time of writing, or the version
at the time of uploading to sourceforge?

Given the list of subquestions under 3, I would suggest that this is
revised - possibly by deleting the requirement for "n.n", since we
already have the date.

Sean Barker
0117 302 8184

OWL usage for PLCS Reference Data.doc