Subject: FW: Submitted part number requests (Description Assignment module)

Hi
As you know we have produced a capability for assigning descriptions which
is a bit of a hack to get around the limitations of the model.
Well following discussions with the AP233 team, they are going to create a
module for this that meets our requirements.

Once it is published I think that we could incorporate it in a technical
corrigendum to PLCS.

Regards
Rob

Rob Bodington
Eurostep Limited
Web Page: http://www.eurostep.com http://www.share-a-space.com
Email: Rob.Bodington@eurostep.com
Phone: +44 (0)1452 810 960
Mobile: +44 (0)7796 176 401

-----Original Message-----
From: David Price [mailto:david.price@eurostep.com]
Sent: 21 March 2006 18:37
To: 'Allison Barnard Feeney'; 'Sean (UK) Barker'; 'jim U'Ren'; 'Phil Spiby';
'Rob Bodington'; 'Keith A Hunten'

I reviewed my notes for the descriptions stuff and we'd actually agreed to
call it Description_assignment to align with Identification_assignment, etc.
Hope it's not too late to fix that at SC4.

Description_assignment

In Scope:

- assignment of one or more descriptions to product or activity data

Out of scope

- the assignment of files or documents to product or activity data

The model will look like:

TYPE description_item EXTENSIBLE GENERIC ENTITY SELECT;
END_TYPE;

ENTITY Description_text;
  description : STRING;
END_ENTITY;