Subject: CVS Outage

FYI from CVS status page
https://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=2352&group_id=1

(  2006-04-03 05:55:21 - Project CVS Service )   On 2006-03-30 the
developer CVS server had a substantial system failure. Due to the
implementation of the CVS service, there is a single point of failure
with multiple points of recovery (there is more than one data source we
could potentially recover from if there is any data loss as a result of
the failure). This outage currently affects developer CVS access
directly, but we have disabled tarball updates and data syncs from the
developer CVS server to the anonymous pserver/ViewCVS hosts as an
additional level of precaution. Our main focus since the outage was
detected has been to safegaurd all data on the developer CVS server as
well as possible. We are currently attempting to backup the data on the
host, which is taking longer than we initially anticipated it would, but
is a necessary step to fully safegaurd the host's data. Next, we are
going to perform some data validation to ensure the data set appears
valid. Pending successful completion of those steps, we'll reenable
developer CVS access. A few days after, we'll reenable CVS tarballs and
syncs to anonymous CVS. In the mean time, we're currently advancing
plans for a CVS architecture change based upon the knowledge we gained
during Subversion deployment to eliminate the single point of failure
that developer CVS currently has, add horizontal scalability and overall
service resiliance. However, we still do not have an estimate on when
developer CVS services will be restored, but we have been, and currently
are actively working to restore access to CVS. We appreciate your
patience with us while we work to properly resolve this major outage.

Regards,

Tom

Thomas E. Hendrix
Phone: 206-544-5276