Subject: RE: [plcs-dex] Assigning location

Rob,

Can you not let the default values handle it?

The type is primarily required when establishing relationships between locations (e.g. grouping route A1 locations) and to differentiate for lifecycle purposes such as when reporting (e.g. actual location vs the one planned).

For basic representation it may not be specified, which is why I added the default values when creating it. Removing it from here will require the parameter to be shifted to other templates which use it for the above purposes. I would have to look into which ones...

regards,
Tim

From: Rob Bodington [mailto:rob.bodington@eurostep.com]
Sent: 20 January 2007 01:33
To: plcs-dex@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Colin Tweedie; brad.harris@eurostep.com
Subject: [plcs-dex] Assigning location

Hi

I have just raised this issue against the assigning_location template.

Unless anyone has any objections, I would like to implement the change

<issue

   id="RBN-3"

   type="general"

   status="open"

   category="minor_technical"

   by="Rob Bodington"

   date="07-01-20">

<description>

The type of location is provided by an optional

assigning_reference_data. As this is optional, the parameters

loc_type

lt_ecl_id

are not required, and the instantiation path should not instantiate the

optional assigning_reference_data

</description>

</issue>

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Eurostep Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

DISCLAIMER: ***SECURITY LABEL: NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED*** The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. This e-mail originates from LSC Group. Registered in England & Wales No 2275471 Registered Office: Devonport Royal Dockyard, Devonport, Plymouth, PL1 4SG