plcs message

Subject: [no subject]

While stricter rules may be enforceable within the PLCS community, and =
have
value by adding certainty to the interpretation of exchanges, these =
should be
enforced at DEX level. Note that enforcing them at capability level =
would be
inappropriate, since these will be inherited by every DEX, and this may =
drive
users to create additional capabilities which differ only by having =
weaker
global rules.

I would also observe that while we are currently using the reference =
data
library only as a source of classifications, it would be equally logical =
to use
it as a source of rules. In principle there is no difference between a =
rule
enforcing a particular value of a classification to that enforcing a =
particular
identifier format. Currently the latter are relegated to an exchange =
specific
agreement, involving manual comparison of rule sets. It should not be =
beyond the
wit of the community to provide a more general rule server, allowing
compatibility between PLCS environments to be computed directly.

Sean Barker
ATC Filton
0117 302 8184