plcs message

Subject: PLCS TC Organization Workplan Overview

All,

Phil Rutland (UK MOD) and I have developed a high level organizational
structure and duties/responsibilities for the PLCS TC.  The PowerPoint
presentation is attached for your review and comment.

We have also developed a further, more detailed breakdown of the work items
for each entity within the organization.  When the overall high level
structure meets with your approval, we will send out the more detailed plan
for your review and comment.

Please forward all comments to the exploder so that all can share in the
discussion.  Please forward all comments by COB 4 March (Friday) so that
updates to the proposal can be made and circulated prior to the March
teleconference.

The organization structure is similar to the one presented at the 1 Feb PLCS
face-to-face meeting.  We have added a "Quality Assurance" role to
coordinate the activities of the Implementers Forum.  The participants
within each group are the minimum recommended.  This does not imply that
they are full time, nor exclusively devoted to that group.  For example, the
same person could serve as the architect, a tool developer, and DEX Team
Lead.

We have structured the organization to recognize that Pilots/Projects may be
independent of the PLCS TC organization.  However, they may sponsor DEX
Development Teams and Implementers Test runs within the Implementers Forum.
The structure does not allow for development of DEXs that will be submitted
for an OASIS standard outside of the Technical Oversight/DEX Development
Team structure.

Please contact either Chris Kreiler or Phil Rutland if you have any
questions.

Thanks.

PLCS_OASIS_Org_Tasks_Rev2_050210_TC_Review.ppt