plcs message

Subject: Web services for reference data

Hi

Eurostep has had several contracts from the UK MOD and FMV to specify a set of web services for accessing and querying an RDL server – a database storing OWL ontologies.

The web services specification is available at: http://rdlserver.eurostep.com/index.html and we would like to put these forward for standardization within the PLCS TC.  That way all PLCS deployment will have a standard way of accessing the reference data.

Before we propose it as a standard though, we would encourage feedback.

In order to test the web services, we have also developed several prototype implementations of the RDL server.

The latest prototype RDL server has been loaded with the PLCS reference data and can be accessed from

http://rdlserver.eurostep.com/index.html

It is a prototype, so no guarantees are given with respect to performance, availability or data integrity.

Having said that (i.e. got in the usual disclaimers), we encourage you to use it but I would not recommend using in any sort of production environment.

All feedback welcome.

A simple client is provided on the site, and over time we will develop a few more.

Regards
Rob

Rob Bodington
Eurostep Limited