plcs message

Subject: FW: STEP/GEIA Path Forward

Furtheto our discussions at the last meeting, you may be interested in the attached.

From: Robert E. Houts [mailto:houtsre@csi-inc.biz]
Sent: 21 November 2005 20:15
To: james.colson@us.army.mil; SCHWITAL@aaicorp.com; MaysJL@nswccd.navy.mil; Mason, Howard (UK); raj.iyer@us.army.mil; kidwellr@mantech-wva.com; jerry.beck@osd.mil
Cc: drexel.l.rutledge@lmco.com; Rusty Rentsch; Raitz, Dennis H; Vinson, Dale V
Subject: STEP/GEIA Path Forward

      I wanted to thank you for helping me prepare my presentation to Mr. Kratz explaining STEP/GEIA in English and bring you up to speed as to what has happened since.  Attached is the final version of the slides I presented

     Leading up to and subsequent to the briefing, several of you were instrumental in reaching agreement on the presentation’s recommendation that GEIA 927-1 integrate with STEP AP 239 to help implement PLCS.  The MultiView Advisory Group had a Teleconference last week and agreed that they would “participate in developing logistics DEXs for AP239 in lieu of building the 927-1 standard.  I passed this info to Mr. Kratz.  I met with Mr. Kratz and the Systems Engineering people last Friday and he made it very clear that he thinks that is the correct approach and he is expecting it to happen.  Among other things, Mr. Kratz also has me looking at how S1000D fits in with AP-239.

    I truly appreciated your help in this effort and look forward to working with you as we move forward.

      v/r

    bob

703-414-5874

PPP Brief Hilton Head -- Tech Data draft 11-7 AM.ppt