plcs message

Subject: FW: DEX

 I mentioned the implementation that John Zimmerman was undertaking.

Howard Mason
Corporate IT Office
Tel: +44 1252 383129
Mob: +44 780 171 3340
Eml: howard.mason@baesystems.com

-----Original Message-----
From: jzim@kcp.com [mailto:jzim@kcp.com]
Sent: 30 August 2007 15:30
To: Mason, Howard (UK)
Subject: RE: DEX

Howard,

Thanks.  In my opinion AP239 is much more than just another AP.  AP239
is a significant extension to, more emphatically,  a needed
modernization of the
STEP method.    The ARM of AP239 has become in essence another kind of
integrated resource that is within the grasp of mere mortals trying to
use STEP in an industrial application.  The DEX seems to become the
super ARM and the reference libraries become the fine grit polish on the
final interpretation to provide the foundation  for a contractual
agreement between two parties.

Congratulations on a job well done and I look forward to the DEXs.  If I
can be of any assistance in looking over the DEXs let me know as I am
becoming familiar with the main streets and semantic neighborhoods in
AP239.  I  believe the DEXs will speed up the AP239 learning process.
Will there be any "Novice" DEXs for beginners?  Is it the case that
there will emerge in the future some general DEXs that when taken
together sweep out the universe of AP239 entities?

Regards,

John

             "Mason, Howard

             \(UK\)"

             <Howard.Mason@bae
             systems.com>              <jzim@kcp.com>

cc
             08/30/2007 05:17

             AM
Subject
                                       RE: DEX

Suggest you look at www.plcs-resources.org, which is the working area
for the DEX development.  We are just finalising the formal development
process to allow publication of the first few DEX documents.

Howard Mason
Corporate IT Office
Tel: +44 1252 383129
Mob: +44 780 171 3340