plcs message

Subject: PLCS TC F2F - teleconference session on 11 March

Dear all,

We are having a good meeting in Washington, and have established that teleconference facilities are available, although there is no email access.  We also do not have a quorum of voting members present (unless) we count proxies, which technically is not feasible under OASIS rules.

The meeting has reviewed the results of the DEX Publication project (see attached), and made a couple of small updates to the material that will be sent for ballot, comprising the cover sheet, DEXlib extract for the first two DEXes, templates, reference data and help pages.  The meeting recommended that we should go ahead and accept the document as a Committee Draft, and send it out for a 60 day Public Review in preparation for ballot.  Comments from TC members will be accepted in parallel with public comments, and will be resolved after the review closes.  Subsequent reviews for a period of 15 days will be held until no substantive changes are required.

In order to move the draft forward, members (especially voting members - see attached list) are invited to attend a teleconference at 0930 EDT, 1330 GMT, 1430 European time on 11 March to receive an update on progress and to hold the formal votes outlined in the agenda item 4.  Dial-in details are

PARTICIPANTS PIN NUMBER:                   499596 #

Dial in Telephone numbers

Country

Number

Austria

0800 999 808

Belgium

0800 48736

France

0805 110 496

Germany

0800 101 4935

Ireland

1800 992 217

Italy

800 985 528

Spain

900 998 979

Sweden

0200 895 376

Switzerland

0800 000 385

USA

1866 874 0924

UK FreeCall

0800 694 0271

UK LocalCall

0845 144 0023

Std Int Dial In

+44 (0) 1452 542 437

Other highlights of the day include:
- closeout meeting of the core team to finalise report, lessons learned and proposals for next phase of activity - either 18-19 or 20-21 April
- Concept for Implementors Forum refined
- Future approach to DEX coordination actioned
- Plans for AP239 Technical corrigendum noted
- New version of Web Services document due in 4 weeks
- Presentation from AIA on their decision to recommend PLCS as industry standard.

Howard Mason
Corporate IT Office
Tel: +44 1252 383129
Mob: +44 780 171 3340
Eml: howard.mason@baesystems.com
BAE Systems plc
Registered Office: 6 Carlton Gardens, London, SW1Y 5AD, UK
Registered in England & Wales No: 1470151

20080310_OASIS_PLCS_TC_Telecon_v2.ppt

roster_voting.xls