plcs message

Subject: Common SC4 reference data

Dear all,

I have been participating in a working group for SC4 that has investigated the possibilities and benefits of defining reference data in a common way for all SC4 standards. The working group have had participants from ISO 15926, PLCS and AP242. At the SC4 meeting in Italy in April we will present our findings to the ISO community, but I would like to have input from the PLCS community before this, if possible.

I attach a presentation I have prepared for this occasion describing the way PLCS use reference data today, including status and plans, ending in an example of how we could make use of reference data defined by other standards e.g. ISO 15926.

Please let me know of any opinions or comments regarding this presentation, regarding the PLCS reference data, or the need for harmonizing SC4 reference data mechanisms you may have. Also, I would be delighted to know that you or someone else would like to participate in any further work regarding common SC4 reference data. I would appreciate such input before April 1st.

Best regards,

Peter

--

Peter Bergström