Subject: Re: [pmrm] Groups - Healthcare Information Technology Standards Panel IS04 - Business transactions (www.hitsp.org/InteroperabilitySet_Details.aspx) uploaded

The hitsp work was funded by previous admin, so now is dead. But good work that is still referenced. The current work is done by S&I framework.

More international and long standing work is done by IHE   www.ihe.net

John

Sent from my Palm Pre on AT&T

On Mar 15, 2011 9:01 PM, Dawn Jutla <dawn.jutla@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Peter:

The context is that the pmrm group wants to identify a well-defined use case
so that members may work more quickly to move to the next step to apply the
proposed methodology. I imagine that we may consider examining a few
candidate use cases and choose one.

The HITSP group obviously put a lot of effort in developing use cases or
business scenarios for various healthcare transactions. Privacy and security
issues arise in many of the transactions. This link explains HITSP's direct
role with HIT and the ONC: http://www.hitsp.org/government.aspx .

According to David Blumenthal's letter and the notice on the front page of
http://www.hitsp.org/ "HITSP’s contract with HHS concluded on April 30,
2010" - less than a year ago . Dr. Blumenthal's letter suggest that HITSP
supported the HIT's standards committee and the Interim Final Rule. I am not
sure what HITSP's status is now.

As I am currently examining Google Health, I noticed that Blumenthal's
letter is addressed to John Hamalka who chaired the HITSP effort. From
recollection, he is also on Google Health's advisory board. The latter has
nothing pertinent to do with this group. I simply enjoy connecting dots..

Best,
Dawn.

--
Dr. Dawn Jutla, PhD

<http://web.cs.dal.ca/~bodorik/Cusp.htm>CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email
and any attachments may contain confidential information that is protected
by law and is for the sole use of the individuals or entities to which it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
by replying to this email and destroying all copies of the communication and
attachments. Further use, disclosure, copying, distribution of, or reliance
upon the contents of this email and attachments is strictly prohibited.