Subject: RE: [pmrm] Designing Privacy Standards into Use Cases

Hi All,

If not considered already, the HL7 Community-Based Collaborative Care (CBCC) method for consent management incorporates XACML in its DSTU.  Please see the HITSC links to a powerpoint (with accompanying audio) presentation.

Thank you,

Kel.

From: Dawn Jutla [mailto:dawn.jutla@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2011 11:16 AM
To: pmrm@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi all:

Re: the issue around privacy policy object representation and standards raised at the May 12th telecon, my further idea is that we may have an opportunity to extend or complement XACML 2.0 with the richer FIPPs issues raised in the PMRM services for use case designs requiring privacy. XACML 2.0, an approved OASIS standard includes several profiles, including a Privacy policy profile. XACML addresses conflicting or overlapping privacy policies which is useful to us as we go horizontally across the different privacy policies under which several different actors (e.g. in HITSP) are operating.

Re: the question on moving to a standard , it may be useful to have a set of guiding principles (that includes but goes beyond our immediate task of demonstrating how pmrm fits into designing privacy into use cases and hence organizations' IT-enabled business processes) for this TC's privacy standard goal . Note that XACML can also be demonstrated, in a similar way, to aid privacy design within use cases. Too, guiding principles will help us early on to clearly map the differentiation and the interoperability of important standards impacting privacy design w.r.t. organizations' processes.

Best,

Dawn.

--
Dr. Dawn Jutla, PhD

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain confidential information that is protected by law and is for the sole use of the individuals or entities to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this email and destroying all copies of the communication and attachments. Further use, disclosure, copying, distribution of, or reliance upon the contents of this email and attachments is strictly prohibited.

ONC 5 Year Plan - HIPAAT Comment - 06MAY11.pdf