Subject: PMRM TC: Tabular representation of Use Case analysis

Attached is a PowerPoint presentation showing the work we did

to date on the Emergency Responder Use Case and reflecting

the discussion at our last informal telecom.

Recall our iterative approach, as defined by the Methodology:

   - Per Actor:

         o Identify all INPUTS (containing PI) to that Actor from other Actors, and related privacy requirements

                - Per INPUT: Identify the operational requirements and PMRM SERVICES (high level)

        o  Identify all OUTPUTS (containing PI) from that Actor to other Actors, and related privacy requirements

                - Per OUTPUT: Identify the operational requirements and PMRM SERVICES (high level)

Iterate above through all the Actors.

Go back: Further refine the informal, high-level Service calls into formal Functions and mechanisms.

This analysis becomes naturally nested.

John S has suggested that our deliverable Version 1.0 could be the general Methodology

as reflected above, down to the high-level Service calls. Version 2.0 could then iterate/refine

further into the formal Functions and mechanisms… and architecture and system design.

Review the attached and see if the charts match above (I did not finish the analysis!).

This approach is SYSTEMMATIC; the COMPLEXITY is in the original Use Case.

Stepwise the analysis is easy to follow and the “Per xxx” above can be synthesized back into

the full life cycle flow of PI throughout the Use Case.

Let me re-iterate a suggestion in my last e-mail. I fear I was not stating it clearly:

Namely, there are graphical tools that allow the tables

to be created and graphically nested, as is the analysis.

Such a graphical tool would allow us to hold the whole Use Case and continue

iterative refinement. The perceived complexity would melt away into

the iterative, top-down analysis.

Tools (whose names I do not know…. do you?) are probably

associated with UML modeling tools. Recognize any:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UML_tools

Thoughts?

Michael

PMRM TC Emergency Responder Use Case 080211.ppt