Subject: Re: [pmrm] PMRM simplifications

Maybe less wobbly than context-dependent?
Sent from my mobile device. My cell phone # is 240-507-7107.

From: Michael Willett <mwillett@nc.rr.com>
To: pmrm@lists.oasis-open.org <pmrm@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thu Aug 25 10:33:49 2011
Subject: [pmrm] PMRM simplifications

Below is a summary of our recent dialogs on

simplifying the PMRM structure. Abbreviated/informal

definitions for the Services are given. These definitions

would be (re)formalized.

Core Policy Services:

      Agreement: determine and/or arbitrate PI permissions

      Usage: manage permissions, policies, use of PI

      Security: provide data protection

Privacy Assurance Services

     Certification: check and confirm credentials

     Enforcement: audit for and react to exception conditions

Presentation and Life Cycle Services

      Interaction: inter/intra communications; actor persona

      Access: allow subject to view and suggest corrections to PI held by other Actors

Each Service is composed of a set of Functions drawn from Function categories:

   - Configure

   - Input

   - Process

   - Output

Configure could also be called: Setup or Initialize

Below this Function level, Mechanisms are employed to achieve those functions.

The definitions of Actor, Touch Point, and System are still wobbly.

Michael