Subject: Re: Cloud Privacy By Design

Hi Neil,

Thanks for introducing your CbD best practice white paper to the PMRM TC.  The PMRM v1.0 has been used in the development of the new PbD draft committee specification, and as you know provides users the capability to describe and analyze particular use cases from a privacy perspective (which can obviously include private, public and hybrid and other deployment models, since the PMRM was designed to address complex environments and applications).  Understanding fully the privacy implications of a cloud-based use case (and user story in the software development process) will be essential to ensure that PbD principles are instantiated in controls, technical and business process services and their functionality.

Including the PMRM can add value to the paper and the larger G-Cloud white paper.  If you will be participating in tomorrow's PMRM TC meeting, perhaps you could discuss the initiative and the white papers under new business on the agenda.  If not, let's set up a call to discuss.

Best regards,

John