Subject: RE: [provision] SPML Provision Schema schema...

Documenting the supported operations is important, but it should not be
in the schema. The schema should represent the "what" not the "how".
Also, the schemas should be reusable, extensible, and in the future,
standardized.

What is really needed is the concept of a "Provisioning Service
Description (PSD)". The PSD could define what operations and what
operational attributes are supported by a service. It could also define
what batch modes are supported (for example asynchronous vs
synchronous).

While a PSD would be very useful, I doubt that we are going to have time
to tackle it in the 1.0 spec.

Jeff Bohren
Product Architect
OpenNetwork Technologies, Inc

-----Original Message-----
From: Cohen, Doron [mailto:Doron_Cohen@bmc.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 2:56 AM
To: provision@lists.oasis-open.org

I agree that the operational attributes needs to be linked to the
supported
operation which leads me to the second item in my post - it seems that
we
missed to include the indication of the supported operations in the
schema.
This is important as for SPML conformance , one may implement only part
of
the requests supported by the protocol and the requester needs to be
able to
query that . I believe we also mentioned it in the F2F as something
worth
doing.

Doron