Subject: Re: [provision] JMS provisioning (nothing about the GW Proposal)...

Since Jeff brought it up, this highlights one of the advantages of using
WSDL as a central part of the interface definition.  For example, the Web
Services Invocation Framework (WSIF) recently contributed by IBM to the
Apache Foundation, allows for a single WSDL description to include bindings
to EJBs or a JMS server among others.  Using WSIF, a client can then access
a Web Service based on this WSDL description.  More information at
http://ws.apache.org/wsif/overview.html.
Gerry

|         |           Jeff Bohren      |
|         |           <jbohren@opennetw|
|         |           ork.com>         |
|         |           03/17/2003 05:08 |
  |       To:       provision@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                               |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [provision] JMS provisioning (nothing about the GW Proposal)...                                              |

In a refreshing change from my previous posts, this one has nothing to do
with the GW Proposal.

I ran across this article in JavaWorld this morning. It is a description of
an XML/JMS based provisioning framework. Obviously this implementation is
very simplistic, but it points out a powerful idea.

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-03-2003/jw-0314-jms.html

Our currently proposed bindings are SOAP/HTTP and File. After we release
the 1.0 spec, I think the next version should include a SOAP/JMS Binding.
Or perhaps a plain old SPML/JMS Binding, but obviously that is not very
trendy. I think the asynchronous request model we have in place would work
well in such a system, but there may need to be more tweaks required.

I’m not raising an issue, just food for thought.

Jeff Bohren

Product Architect

OpenNetwork Technologies, Inc