Subject: RE: [provision] Proposal comparisons...

Gerry,

This does not address my concerns at all. All you have done is put in the schema the approach that I have already shown to be unreliable.

If you want to address my concerns, tell me how your proposed solution would solve the following situation:

Start with the initial data:

<A>

            <B>

                        <C>foo1</C>

                        <C>foo2</C>

                        <C>foo3</C>

            </B>

            <B>

                        <C>foo1</C>

                        <C>foo5</C>

                        <C>foo2</C>

            <B>

</A>

RA1 and RA2 read the data. RA2 changes the 2nd C in the first B to bar1. Now the data looks like:

<A>

            <B>

                        <C>foo1</C>

                        <C>bar1</C>

                        <C>foo3</C>

            </B>

            <B>

                        <C>foo1</C>

                        <C>foo5</C>

                        <C>foo2</C>

            <B>

</A>

Now RA1 wants to delete the first B. How does RA1 delete the first B, where B was defined by foo1, foo2, foo3; but is now foo1, bar1, foo3?

Jeff B.