Subject: RE: Organization, Group, Role & Right.

Title: Message
Gary,

Sure. I do think modeling these objects would be important for PrOM .
I am out of the office next week, but I will take try to draft a proposal once I am back.

Doron
-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Cole [mailto:Gary.Cole@waveset.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 5:35 PM
To: Cohen, Doron
Cc: provision@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Organization, Group, Role & Right.

Doron,

Would you like to propose some object classes for Organization, Group, Role, or Right?  You mentioned in our discussion of Targets (in the conference call of 20040323) that you believe other aspects of the object model are equally important as (and possibly more important than) targets.

I intentionally did not define these classes when I wrote the strawman for PrOM, but I must admit that I have something like a mental block when it comes to defining these classes.  Past experience with a product that generically managed  organizations, groups, roles, and rights gave me a real headache.  You may have better ideas.

If you're interested in taking a swing at these classes (or other classes that you think should be part of the object model), please do.  Also, please do not feel that you must provide XML schema for them.  I think we can get started talking about them with just some notion of the attributes (or attributes and elements) involved.

Gary